Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wintergrasp Stats for August '10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mracelow
Admin

Wintergrasp Stats for August '10 Empty
PostSubject: Wintergrasp Stats for August '10   Wintergrasp Stats for August '10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Out of curiosity (and boredom) I parsed the August WG stats from http://www.timeuntilwintergrasp.com. My goal was to see if there were any statistical patterns that might be food for thought. (Yes, I know that August isn't quite over yet but close enough).

Overall, the Horde did slightly better in August than their long run average with a win percent of 25% (compared to the long run average of 20%.)

One thing that leaps out right away is that Horde tends to win twice a day but these are interspersed by "streaky" periods. For example, between August 7 and August 9 the Horde won an astonishing 13 times or almost 20% of their monthly victories in a three day period. Likewise, another streaky period was between August 12-14 when the Horde recorded another eight wins.

Probing deeper into the data we see that the two days when the Horde win the least are Wed and Sat (accounting for only 10% of win each) while Sunday has 14 wins (or 20% of wins on that day alone).

If we break down wins by time of day an interesting pattern emerges. Here are Horde victories by TOD. (All times server)

12AM-6AM: 21
6AM-12PM: 9
12PM-6PM 22
6PM-12AM 16

I don't have any explanation for why there are so few Horde victories in the morning. But there it is.

BTW, I might add by way of reference that WoWCensus data has shown that the SH server population (both Alliance and Horde) peaks at between 8-11PM server and then falls to a low at 6AM server before slowly rising again.

This data was posted by an Alt on Silver Hand forums

I found the stats for the weekend of Aug. 7-9 interesting, because of the Horde's surge of dominance. It was also this time when I sadly learned members from Leftovers were planning to employ tactics of cheating to secure Wintergrasp. The cheating was obvious with the use of statistics we are able to compile a quanitative study of Wintergrasp which proves the steady improvement of Horde teams.

Examples of LO memebers willing to coordinate and cheat the game can be found on their general forums. For example: LO cheating

I would also like to add during the week of my campaign against cheating, I have witnessed and reported several LO members exploiting Wintergrasp.

LO guilds involved with cheating includes:

WILD WEST, Nu-Tir, Relentless, Afterlight, and Avatars of Power (Jebba)

Those were great stats, and did not want to lose them due to forum moderation

Back to top Go down

Wintergrasp Stats for August '10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: PvP :: Battlegrounds-
Jump to: